Facebook like box is a great plugin that lets Facebook users to indirectly subscribe to your blog updates via their Facebook accounts. Your website visitors will receive your blog updates on their Facebook Homepage. Before you addthe Facebook like box below blogger posts or on any part of your blog, you will need to create a Facebook Like Page by reading this tutorial,
- Create Facebook Like Page
You can see this box appearing below all my posts. This is a better area to place your like box than the sidebar because it is the next thing your readers will see after having read your post. So this area can increase the number of your blog likes. Lets get to work then!
Adding Facebook Like Box Below Blogger Posts
- Go To Blogger > Design > Edit HTML
- Backup your template
- Check the "Expand widget Templates" box
- Search for this,
<data:post.body/>Just after it paste the code below,
<iframe allowTransparency='true' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' src='http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FMy-Blogger-Tricks%2F147104632016744&width=590&colorscheme=light& show_faces=true&stream=false&header=false&height=180' style='border:none; overflow:hidden; width:590px; height:180px;'/>
Make this change please:
for example if your Like Page URL looks like this,
- Replace the bolded blue text with your Facebook Like Page Link (Do not include http://)
- In your Page URL replace all back slashes i.e ( / ) with %2F
then after replacing the back slashes with %2F it will look like this,
5. Save your template and you are done!
- To change the width, just adjust the value 590
If you faced any problems just let me know. Peace and Blessings.